If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Sometimes you need a little comfort food to start the day. Let these apple wheat morning muffins power you through even the roughest of days. —Rachel (Simple Seasonal)
- 3/4 C plus 2 Tbsp 2% milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup organic whole wheat flour
- 1 cup organic white flour
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon divided
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups diced apples
- 1 1/2 teaspoons organic cane sugar
- 1/4 cup organic packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup organic white flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- Preheat your oven to 400ºF and lightly grease your muffin tin with butter.
- Dice your apples and coat in 1 1/2 tsp of organic cane sugar and 1/8 tsp of cinnamon. Set aside and let them soak in the sugar and cinnamon for a few minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all of your muffin ingredients except for the apples. For the cinnamon, add 3/4 tsp to the mix. Stir to combine, taking care not to over mix.
- To make your streusel, add all of the ingredients together in a small bowl and work them together with a fork until crumbles form.
- Fold the apples, which have been soaking in cinnamon sugar, into the muffin mix.
- Spoon the batter into your muffin tin so that it is evenly divided to make 12 muffins. I find that using an ice cream scoop for this task makes it easier. Then evenly sprinkle each muffin with the streusel topping.
- Bake on the middle rack of a 400ºF oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the muffins turn golden brown. After removing them from the oven, allow them to sit for 5 minutes and then gently remove them from the muffin tin. Enjoy warm or at room temperature.