Author Notes: About a dozen tweaks later, here it is: my favorite sugar cookie recipe! Sorry for the terrible picture--it's the only time I was able to take a picture with my phone before they all disappeared...! —lrose
Makes: 10 cookies
cups all-purpose flour
teaspoon baking soda
cup brown sugar, packed
cup granulated sugar
cup butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars with a mixer or spatula until fluffy.
- Add egg, mix, and gently fold in flour mixture. Do not overbeat!
- Drop onto a greased cookie sheet and bake 10 to 15 minutes. Cookies should be a little golden around the edges, but still look slightly underdone in the center.
- Remove from oven and let cookies cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes. Remove and place on wire rack to cool completely. Eat alone or sandwich ice cream between two cookies for a delicious ice cream sandwich!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chewy Sugar Cookie