If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: About a dozen tweaks later, here it is: my favorite sugar cookie recipe! Sorry for the terrible picture--it's the only time I was able to take a picture with my phone before they all disappeared...! —lrose
Makes: 10 cookies
cups all-purpose flour
teaspoon baking soda
cup brown sugar, packed
cup granulated sugar
cup butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars with a mixer or spatula until fluffy.
- Add egg, mix, and gently fold in flour mixture. Do not overbeat!
- Drop onto a greased cookie sheet and bake 10 to 15 minutes. Cookies should be a little golden around the edges, but still look slightly underdone in the center.
- Remove from oven and let cookies cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes. Remove and place on wire rack to cool completely. Eat alone or sandwich ice cream between two cookies for a delicious ice cream sandwich!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chewy Sugar Cookie