If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This quick granola is full of earthy, nutty grains and seeds. This recipe makes enough for one, perfect for a fend-for-yourself weekday morning, but it can be multiplied easily—just make sure your pan is large enough to accommodate the ingredients in one (mostly) single layer.
Serve with plain, whole-milk yogurt and sliced seasonal fruit, or however you like your granola best. —Emily Horton
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup rye flakes
- 1 tablespoon millet
- 3 tablespoons walnuts
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon mace
- In a wide skillet or saute pan set over medium-low heat, warm the oil with the honey just until it melts.
- Add the oats, rye, and millet, stir to coat, and toss, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, 8 to 10 minutes. If you prefer a more caramelized mix, turn up the heat, but watch closely to ensure the grains don't burn.
- Add the walnuts, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, and salt and toast for an additional 3 to 4 minutes. Add the mace toast one minute more.
- Transfer the mix to a large plate to cool, about 10 minutes. Serve.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!