If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Roasted fall apples in chai spices for when you're craving apple pie without the work. Use leftovers for the perfect oatmeal topping. —Sarah | Wisconsin from Scratch
Serves 4 generous servings (or 6 small ones)
- 6 Large baking apples (such as Honeycrisp, Fuji, or Pink Lady), peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup Brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 tablespoons Cold butter, cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except the butter and mix until well combined.
- Spread apples on prepared baking sheet in an even layer and sprinkle the butter pieces evenly over the top. Bake at 400 degrees until apples are soft, about 20-25 minutes. Serve warm atop ice cream, oatmeal, yogurt and granola, etc.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for When You Want It to Feel Like Fall