If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My 19 years old daughter is loves kale and I wanted to teach her healthy recipes that she can make in short time away at collage. This combined most of her favorite ingredients. —Sanaa Abourezk
- 1 pound fresh kale
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 red onion, julienned
- 2 stalk celery
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 2 Granny Smith Apples
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons mustard
- 1/4 cup Balsamic vinegar
- salt to taste
- Cut the thick stem from the kale and rip the leaves into 2 inch-pieces. Sprinkle with pinch of sea salt and couple tablespoons of olive oil. Massage the leaves for 5 minutes.
- Heat half of the olive oil and cook the onions until golden. Remove from the heat and spoon the caramelized onions onto dish lined with paper towel.
- Peel the apples, seed and cut into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Zest the lemon over the kale and add the celery, the scallions, the apple pieces and the cranberries. Toss well.
- Whisk the mustard with the vinegar and the rest of the olive oil. Drizzle the dressing over the kale mixture. Toss well and spoon into serving salad dish.
- Sprinkle with the toasted almonds, top with the caramelized onions and enjoy.