If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: If you're a lover of avocado, like I am, you're always finding ways to use the delicious little fruit. This avocado-stuffed French toast is an amazing breakfast idea! —Paige
Food52 Review: This was delicious. I felt there was a LOT of avocado in each sandwich—the instructions were misleading, because it said to put 1/4 of the mashed avocado per toast... I read it as putting 1/4 of the mashed avocado, however perhaps she meant 1/4 of an avocado (a.k.a. 1/8 of the mashed mixture). I would 100% make this recipe again... and again... and again. But I would use one avocado instead of two. One piece of the French toast, along with the egg, was PLENTY to keep me full until lunch. —Victoria Ross
- 2 avocados
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 1 1/2 inch-thick slices of bread
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 eggs (poached or fried)
- In a small bowl, mash the avocado with with salt and pepper.
- Slice a horizontal slit in the bread along the longest side, all the way through to the back, trying not to cut all the way through. Stuff each piece of bread with a quarter of the mashed avocado.
- In a shallow, rectangular container, whisk together the eggs, milk, and hot sauce.
- Melt butter on a griddle over medium-low heat. Dip the sandwiches in the egg mixture for a few seconds on each side. Cook the toast until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Top with a poached or fried egg, or other avo-toast toppings you wish!
- This recipe is a Wildcard Contest Winner!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!