If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Camembert cheese is perfect in a sandwich like this because it adds creaminess without having to add a sauce and is a lovely textural contrast to the sweet, crunchy slaw. —Amanda
- 1 small Pink Lady apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 baby fennel, thinly shaved
- 1 teaspoon light olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 4 slices of sourdough bread, lightly toasted
- Butter or margarine, for spreading
- 4 slices of shortcut bacon, fried or roasted until lightly crispy
- 8 slices of your favourite Camembert cheese
- Crisps, to serve (optional)
- Place apple, fennel and oil in a small bowl. Season to taste. Toss to combine.
- Spread butter or margarine onto each slice of bread. Divide bacon, cheese and slaw among two slices of bread. Cap with remaining bread slices. Cut in half.
- Serve with crisps on the side, if using.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Savory Apples