If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I've always loved the sweet, fruity and savory flavors in coronation chicken, but don't always want a cold salad. This recipe uses the same ingredients in a baked chicken that is delicious, especially served over rice. The yogurt marinade makes the chicken very moist. —Leith Devine
- 8 bone-in chicken legs and thighs
- 1 1/2 cups yogurt, plain
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2/3 cup mango chutney
- 1 chopped apple
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix the yogurt, mayonnaise, chutney, apple, lemon zest and juice, onion, garlic and spices together thoroughly.
- Make 1-2 deep slashes in each piece of chicken so the marinade can penetrate to the bone.
- Marinate chicken thighs in a ziptop plastic bag or a bowl for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake chicken skin-side down, turning skin side up after 30 minutes. Chicken is finished when internal temperature reaches 165 degrees, approximately 1 hour.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Savory Apples