If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This simple sabayon takes on unexpected elegance with the addition of Aceto Balsamico Tradizionale, a traditional pairing with strawberries. For a perfect pairing, sip on a Nebbiolo or Cabernet Sauvignon with it … which are the wines we use to make our Aceto Balsamico Tradizionale. —Ryan MacDonnell
- 3 pieces egg yolks
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup Aceto Balsamico Tradizionale (aged balsamic vinegar)
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced
- Place a metal bowl in the freezer.
- Whip yolks and sugar over double boiler to 180F, about 10 minutes. Pour into the metal bowl and whisk in 2 tablespoons balsamic. Continue whisking until mixture is cool.
- Whip cream to stiff peaks and gently fold into egg mixture. Refrigerate for an hour before serving.
- Divide sabayon amongst 8 bowls and top with the strawberries. Drizzle with remaining balsamic.
More Great Recipes: Desserts