Author Notes: This is a no-fail brownie recipe, with a crispy crust and fudgy middle. Tastes even better when kept in the fridge and eaten the next day. Works with any brand of dark chocolate (I use Fin Carr - costs only £0.30/100g from Lidl) This recipe has also been the reason for alot of my friends' diets to crash and burn. X —Ashvini
Makes: 9 squares
grams Unsalted Butter
grams Dark Chocolate (chopped)
cups Granulated Sugar
Eggs (room temperature)
cup Cocoa Powder
teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- Preheat oven to 180°C (400°F).
- Melt butter and dark chocolate in a saucepan over low heat.
- In a bowl, mix flour, cocoa powder, salt and sugar.
- Once chocolate and butter have melted completely, pour it into the bowl with the dry ingredients.
- Start mixing in one egg at a time, and finally add in the vanilla.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes (I used a 19cm x 19cm pan) until the top cracks slightly. Let cool for 5 minutes before slicing into squares.