If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A rich vegetarian of eggplant and tomatoes, topped with gooey fresh mozzarella. —Sylvie @ Roamingtaste
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 4 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered and halved
- 2 eggplants, ends removed and cubed
- 1/3 cup sundried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 large fresh mozzarella ball, torn
- Place the onion and garlic in a pan with olive oil and cook on medium heat until cooked, approximately 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for a further minute then cover. Cook for 3 minutes then add the cubed eggplant, stirring and adding a little olive oil and 2 tablespoons water.
- Cook covered for 10 minutes, until the eggplant is soft, stirring every minute or so to ensure the mixture doesn’t burn, adding a little oil and water as necessary.
- Once the eggplant is soft, add the sundried tomatoes with two tablespoons of sundried tomato oil, stirring to combine.
- Allow to cook uncovered for another minute.
- Remove from the heat and sprinkle the torn mozzarella over the mixture evenly. Allow to sit for 2 minutes for the cheese to melt a little.
- Serve immediately.