If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My ultimate one-pot meal and comfort food. —Leslie Stephens
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 head cauliflower rinsed, trimmed from core, and separated into 1-inch pieces
- 12 ounces dried rotini pasta
- 4 cups chicken broth, plus more as needed
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- Salt, to tase
- Dried red chile flakes, to serve
- Pour oil into a 12-inch frying pan with 2-inch-high sides (or just an enormous pot if you're as messy as I am) over medium heat. When hot, add garlic and stir until fragrant but not brown, about 1 minute. Add cauliflower and stir to coat, about 1 minute.
- Stir in pasta and chicken broth. Bring to a simmer over high heat, then cover, reduce heat, and cook, stirring often, until pasta is just tender to bite and liquid has reduced to a creamy sauce, 15 to 20 minutes. If the mixture begins to stick before the pasta is done, add more chicken broth 1/2 cup at a time. Stir in cheese and salt and chile flakes to taste.