Author Notes: Chocolatey and gooey on the inside, crunchy and chewy on the outside. The best treat for a chocolate fix. —Abby
tablespoons unsalted butter
ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
teaspoons baking powder
cups flour (sifted)
cup confectioner's sugar
In This Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter and chocolate in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring often.
- In a medium-sized bowl, beat eggs. Add in sugar, vanilla, and melted chocolate/butter mixture.
- Add in baking powder, flour and salt and beat until very smooth.
- Place bowl in fridge and chill as long as 24 hours but at least 2 hours.
- Prep two cookie sheets with either butter or tin foil.
- Place confectioner’s sugar in bowl large enough to roll out the fudge balls.
- Take a teaspoon of the cookie dough and roll into balls.
- Coat the cookie balls with confectioner’s sugar by rolling it around in the sugar many times.
- Place the balls on the baking sheet with enough room for each to “explode” open.
- Bake for approximately 10-12 minutes depending on oven.
- Remove cookies and let cool on a wire rack. Make sure to place tin foil under wire rack as powder sugar is very messy.
- Share a photo of your cookies using the hashtag #bakeithappen and a donation will be made to the Pink Pumpkin Patch Foundation to support breast cancer research.
More Great Recipes: