If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Homemade "peanut" butter for a person, who is allergic to peanuts. —Cathoryn
Makes 1 ½ cups
- 16 ounces yellow split peas (or dried beans, quinoa, chia seeds)
- ½ teaspoons salt
- ½ tablespoons oil
- ½ tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ tablespoons cocoa powder (optional)
- Pulse the lentils into a flour in a food processor or blender. You can toast the flour, if desired.
- Add the salt, oil, maple syrup
- Process for 1 minute: Run the food processor or blender continuously for 1 minute. Stop and scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl.
- Repeat processing until spreadable.
- To store the leftovers, scrape the butter into a container with a cover, and refrigerate.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Family's Best Thanksgiving Recipe