Author Notes: Homemade "peanut" butter for a person, who is allergic to peanuts. —Cathoryn
Makes: 1 ½ cups
ounces yellow split peas (or dried beans, quinoa, chia seeds)
tablespoons maple syrup
tablespoons cocoa powder (optional)
In This Recipe
- Pulse the lentils into a flour in a food processor or blender. You can toast the flour, if desired.
- Add the salt, oil, maple syrup
- Process for 1 minute: Run the food processor or blender continuously for 1 minute. Stop and scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl.
- Repeat processing until spreadable.
- To store the leftovers, scrape the butter into a container with a cover, and refrigerate.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Family's Best Thanksgiving Recipe