If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is the recipe for pancakes that I used at my cafe, Lacy's Kitchen Cafe, and currently use for breakfast & brunch catering events - includes my secret ingredient - makes all the difference! —Lacy DeVeney
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- Place dry ingredients in a medium bowl and stir to incorporate then add white vinegar (to get the reaction between vinegar and baking soda). In another bowl mix together milk, egg, melted butter, vanilla and lemon zest. Stir until combined.
- In thirds add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing in between each addition. Cover and rest in refrigerator for 30 minutes prior to using.
- Heat griddle or non stick pan over medium heat. Depending on the size pancake you want, use a 1 to 3 oz ladle and pour directly on griddle or pan. Wait for bubbles to form in pancake and until edges look set before flipping. They will rise once flipped over, if pancake is uneven, press lightly with a spatula (pancake flipper) to even batter out. Once fully cooked on both sides, remove from griddle or pan, about 2-3 min per side. Repeat cooking steps with the rest of the batter.
- Top with butter and/or drizzle with some lovely maple syrup, and enjoy!