If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Labor Day is not far off and I'm a stand up Wobbly. So here's a refreshing dessert to keep you upright and strong. And not long past that is, God help us, election day. Grapes are in season and of course being harvested by immigrant labor. This is dedicated to the memory of Caesar Chavez (born in New Mexico in spite of calls to deport him back in the day) and the Farm Workers Union which he founded. Viva la Raza! —pierino
Makes 1 1/2 quart
- 3/4 pound black plums
- 8 ounces seedless black grapes
- 6 ounces blackberries
- 1 tablespoon balsamic jelly
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups water
- Make a simple syrup by melting the sugar in simmering water. Mix well.
- Open plums and remove pits. Cut flesh into slices to fit blender.
- Add plums, grapes, berries, jelly and syrup to blender. Gradually bring the speed up to “liquefy”. For a smoother sorbeto pass the contents through a sieve.
- Turn the contents of blender into the bowl of your ice cream maker. If your ice cream maker is like mine (Cuisinart) you will need to have held the bowl in your freezer overnight. Run the ice cream maker until you have sorbet; about 20 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best No-Bake Desserts
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Family's Best Thanksgiving Recipe