If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Caldo Gallego is the traditional soup of Galicia, a region in the northeast of Spain. —TammyRenea
cups dried white beans
ham knuckle or 1 ham bone, or 1lb. pork bones
teaspoons paprika (preferably Spanish)
pound potatoes, peeled and diced
bunch turnip greens, rinsed and coarsely chopped
spanish chorizos (6.5 oz total), cut into pieces
- Soak the beans overnight in cold water.
- Rinse beans then add them back to the pot with the pork.
- Cover with 8 1/2 cups of water and season them with the salt, pepper and paprika.
- Bring to a boil, then turn down heat and simmer 1 hour covered. (Skim off foam)
- Remove the pork bones from the broth and add the potatoes, turnips, and chorizo.
- If you like, pull the meat of the bones and add back to the pot.
- Return the pot to a simmer and cook for 30 more minutes.
More Great Recipes: