If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Inspired by New York's Shake Shack and their delicious frozen custard confections, this recipe is creamy, thick, sweet & pumpkiny- perfect for warmer fall days. —Megan Leaf | the bay leaf kitchen
Makes 1 pint
- 2 cups half and half
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree (unsweetened)
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon maple extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan on medium-low heat. Stir until the custard begins to form, at about 170 degrees Fahrenheit. The mixture will become thicker and stick to the back of the spoon. You will be able to draw a clean line through the mix on the back of the spoon.
- Transfer the custard into a heatproof bowl and refrigerate until the mix is at 40 degrees Fahrenheit. When the mixture has cooled, use an ice-cream maker, freeze according to the maker's instructions.
- Freeze the mixture overnight for a firmer ice cream. Enjoy!
- Method & recipe adapted from this recipe on Serious Eats: http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2014/05/vanilla-frozen-custard.html