If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Autumn recipes perfect for dinners parties. It combines the nuttiness of the chestnuts with the fruitiness of the cranberries and lemon zest, all sweeten with a glass of cognac.
Here I served the Pork Tenderloin with Gold Beetroots that are currently in season.
Michelin Star Chef Ronan Kervarrec ** (Chevre D’Or) suggested to season them with salt and cook them for 2 hours in the oven at 150C wrapped in aluminum foil.
Simple but perfect combination. —Your Guardian Chef
pieces Pork tenderloins
piece lemon (zest of)
grams boiled and skinned chestnuts
grams dried cranberries
tablespoon powder chicken stock
- Cut the 2 tenderloins lengthwise two-third of the way with a sharp knife. Open gently to flatten them.
- Season both sizes with salt and pepper
- In a bowl mix the chestnuts, the cranberries and the lemon zest, making sure the chestnuts do not completely crash or becomes mushy.
- Spread the stuffing in the middle of one of the tenderloins. Cover with the other tenderloin making sure the stuffing remains in the center. Sandwich together the two tenderloins around the stuffing and secure with a cooking string.
- Braise the tenderloins in a braising pot. First sear on the stove with some olive oil.
- Once the pork is cooked, take it out of the pot and let it rest for 5 minutes loosely covered with aluminum foil
- In the meantime deglaze the cooking pan with the 1/2 cup of cognac, adding 1 cup of water, the cornstarch and the powder chicken stock
- Once the gravy has thicken, filter it with a strainer.
- Remove the string from the pork and cut diagonally. Add the gravy to serve
- Season the gold beetroots with salt and cook them for 2 hours in the oven at 150C wrapped in aluminum foil.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Dried Fruit
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Family's Best Thanksgiving Recipe