If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Who says Thanksgiving has to be only dinner. A fall themed breakfast is just as important. Fluffy scrambled eggs create a lush bed for crispy bacon pieces, roasted sweet potato cubes, melted cheese, picante sauce and fresh cilantro in these unique fall-themed breakfast tacos. —Plating Pixels
- 2 cups cubed sweet potatoes, about 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 pieces bacon, thick cut
- 8 pieces larg eggs
- 1 tablespoon half and half
- 1/4 cup picante sauce or salsa
- 6 pieces mini flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 bunch cilantro leaves, as garnish
- 1 piece lime
- Pre-heat oven to 425º F. Toss sweet potato cubes with olive oil, ½ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper. Place on a large baking sheet in a single layer and roast for 20–25 minutes, until browned and tender.
- Meanwhile: Cook bacon in a skillet or pan on medium-high until crispy; about 8 minutes, rotating half-way. Remove bacon and cut into small pieces. Drain oil from pan, reserving 1–2 tablespoons.
- In medium bowl whisk together eggs, remaining salt and pepper, half and half, and 1-tablespoon picante sauce. Heat leftover bacon grease in pan to medium heat. Add egg mixture, cook 4–5, stirring frequently until eggs are set and fluffy.
- Heat tortillas, then top each with scramble eggs, sweet potatoes and bacon pieces. Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top and spoon desired amount of Picante sauce on each. Garnish with fresh cilantro and squeezed lime juice.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Family's Best Thanksgiving Recipe