Author Notes: I have been making this for years. I like this because you can make up to two days ahead. A very pretty presentation. —preppy
cups cranberry juice cocktail
1/4 oz. envelopes unflavored gelatin
tablespoons lemon juice
cups finely chopped celery
In This Recipe
- Pour 1 cup cranberry juice into small bowl. Sprinkle gelatin over. Let stand until softened, about 20 minutes.
- Combine cranberries and sugar in a food processor. Blend, using on off turns until finely chopped. Transfer berries to a large saucepan add remaining cranberry juice and lemon juice. Bring berry mixture to a boil on medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Reduce heat and partially cover pan. Simmer for about 8 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat and add gelatin mixture. Stir until gelatin dissolves.
- Cool to lukewarm. About 30 minutes. Mix in celery. Rinse a decorative 8-9 cup with with cold water and drain well. Spoon mixture into mold. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours and up to 2 days.
- Turn mold onto platter. Soak kitchen towel in very hot water and wring dry. Wrap towel around mold and let stand 1 minute. Shake gently until salad falls onto platter. Repeat with towel if necessary. Chill until ready to serve. Enjoy!!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Family's Best Thanksgiving Recipe