If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I have been making this for years. I like this because you can make up to two days ahead. A very pretty presentation. —preppy
- 3 1/2 cups cranberry juice cocktail
- 4 1/4 oz. envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 2 bags cranberries
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/4 cups finely chopped celery
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- Pour 1 cup cranberry juice into small bowl. Sprinkle gelatin over. Let stand until softened, about 20 minutes.
- Combine cranberries and sugar in a food processor. Blend, using on off turns until finely chopped. Transfer berries to a large saucepan add remaining cranberry juice and lemon juice. Bring berry mixture to a boil on medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Reduce heat and partially cover pan. Simmer for about 8 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat and add gelatin mixture. Stir until gelatin dissolves.
- Cool to lukewarm. About 30 minutes. Mix in celery. Rinse a decorative 8-9 cup with with cold water and drain well. Spoon mixture into mold. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours and up to 2 days.
- Turn mold onto platter. Soak kitchen towel in very hot water and wring dry. Wrap towel around mold and let stand 1 minute. Shake gently until salad falls onto platter. Repeat with towel if necessary. Chill until ready to serve. Enjoy!!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Family's Best Thanksgiving Recipe
More Great Recipes: Side Dishes