If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A recipe so good you want to put it into everything —Ala Lemon
- 100 grams / 3.5 oz. / 10 slices smoked pancetta, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped or grated
- 2 sticks celery, finely chopped or grated
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 glass wine
- 140 grams / 5 oz. tomato paste
- 500 milliliters ml / 2 cups beef stock
- 2 bay leaves
- Put a large pan on a medium heat. Add the pancetta and fry until it starts to crisp up. Add the onion, carrot and celery. Stir together and cook until soft and translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Add the beef and allow to brown, stirring with a wooden spoon to break it down. Add the wine, tomato paste, beef stock and the bay leaves. Stir, cover and simmer over low heat for at least 3 hours.