If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This sauce is an equal combination of red-skinned apples and purple plums. The color is beautiful, and this sauce is terrific with both pork and roasted chicken, not to mention a Thanksgiving turkey. You can make this sauce in advance, and freeze it for the Big Day. With only 4 ingredients, it is a beautiful and easy addition to the Holiday meal. —Bevi
Makes: 8 to 10 ample portions
medium sized red-skinned apples, skins left on
large purple plums, skins left on
2 to 3
tablespoons honey, or to your taste
- Pit the plums. Core the apples. Section both the plums and apples into sixths.
- Place in a 3 quart saucepan and fill with water up to 2 inches from the rim of the saucepan. Bring to a rolling simmer, and then cover.
- Check often to see when the apples become mushy, and then turn off the heat. After 5 minutes, run the plum and apple mixture through a food mill.
- Add the cinnamon and the honey, and stir thoroughly. Serve warm or at room temperature, You can also freeze this sauce after it has completely cooled.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Savory Stone Fruit
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Family's Best Thanksgiving Recipe