If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Linda was more than reluctant to hand over this recipe. It took years of cajoling to convince her that it should be shared with us. These crispy, crunchy treats are perfect dunkers and will keep your hand in the cookie jar! —Oat&Sesame
Serves 12 - or maybe just 1!
- 6 Tbs granulated sugar
- 6 Tbs brown sugar
- ½ cup vegetable shortening (chilled)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Beat sugars and shortening together. Add egg and blend until incorporated.
- Mix baking soda, flour and salt in a bowl. Add to sugar mixture and mix until incorporated.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Place heaping tablespoons of dough on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Leave plenty of space between them, these cookies will spread to about 5" diameters.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes until evenly golden on top.