If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I dislike leftovers. However, when leftovers can be repurposed as ingredients, I am happy. Take everything you've got after Thanksgiving and make a pocket pie - it's the next level of Thanksgiving. —Oat&Sesame
- ALL YOUR THANKSGIVING LEFTOVERS
- 1/2 cup cranberry sauce
- 1-2 cups turkey, cubed or shredded
- 1/2 - 1 cups mashed potatoes or sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup stuffing
- 1/2 cup gravy (cold)
- 12 pecans, chopped (optional)
- PIE DOUGH (see recommended link, makes 2 crusts)
- 1 egg, for egg wash
- Make and refrigerate your pie dough a day before use or up to a month before (in this case freeze it and thaw in fridge). My preferred recipe is: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/tender-pie-crust-232398
- Place all your leftover ingredients in separate bowls for the assembly line. You can use all, some or more of what I listed above. Including pumpkin or apple pie!
- Prepare two small ramekins. One with water to seal the pies, the other with 1 tbs water and 1 egg beaten for egg wash.
- Remove one dough disc from fridge and roll it out to 1/4" thickness on a lightly floured surface.
- Take a 5" glass bowl, invert it to use as a dough cutter to make the rounds for the pies.
- Add a small amount of each ingredient you've decided to use to the center of each 5" round. Maybe 1 Tbs each. More of the turkey. Careful not to overfill. I'd suggest trying one out and getting a feel for the amount that fits.
- Dip you finger in the ramekin with water and rub a little water around the very edge of the dough. Flip the top edge over to the bottom and press slightly to seal.
- Crimp the edge with the prongs of a fork. Poke each pie on top with a fork for air vents and place them on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Place in the fridge for about 15 minutes. (I keep the baking sheet in the fridge and put them in the fridge as I complete each one.)
- Preheat oven to 375. When ready to bake, brush the tops of each hand pie with the prepared egg wash. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Wait about 5-10 minutes before eating! Don't burn your hands on the hand pies!
- Unbaked hand pies can be frozen and baked anytime this fall/winter. Keep Thanksgiving on hand!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Family's Best Thanksgiving Recipe