Author Notes: We’re pretty smitten over the marbled candy apples and think they’ll be perfect for a Halloween party!! They’re actually fairly easy to make, as long as you have a candy thermometer and watch the sugar temperature! You can use any colors to achieve the marble effect and match your Halloween theme! —Eden Passante
Makes: 6 apples
Granny Smith Apples
cup Light Corn Syrup
drops White Food Coloring
drops Additional colors of food coloring
- Prep your apples by washing and drying them. Take the stems off and put the lollipop sticks in as far as they can go. Put your apples near the stove so they’re close by when you need them. Prep a cookie sheet with parchment to keep close as well.
- In medium a sauce pan, mix the sugar, water and corn syrup. Attach the candy thermometer to the side of the pot, but make sure it’s not touching the bottom of the pan.
- Heat over medium high heat and let bubble without mixing, until it reaches 302 degrees. Once it reaches that temperature, immediately take off of the heat and with a heat-proof rubber spatula, mix in the vanilla extract and the white food coloring until combined.
- Quickly add a few drops of the two other colors. Use a wooden skewer to gently stir the colors, but don’t mix. Just lightly move the colors around.
- For easy clean up, put 2/3 C of water in your pot and bring to a boil. Pour out water and give it a regular wash.