If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
What’s this you ask? Well, this is a pile of absolute deliciousness, called Eton Mess! It’s a traditional English dessert which essentially is a pile of the most amazing whipped cream with homemade crushed meringue cookies and fresh berries!
What’s this you ask? Well, this is a pile of absolute deliciousness, called Eton Mess! It’s a traditional English dessert which essentially is a pile of the most amazing whipped cream with homemade crushed meringue cookies and fresh berries!—Eden Passante
teaspoon Cream of Tartar
teaspoon Almond Extract
teaspoon Vanilla Extract
cups Heavy Cream
Crushed Meringue Cookies
- For the Meringue Cookies: Preheat oven to 200 degrees. In a standalone mixer with the whisk attachment, beat egg whites on low until frothy.
- Add cream of tartar and continue to beat until they hold soft peaks. Add in the sugar and beat on high. Then add in the extracts. Continue to beat until stiff peaks form and does not feel gritty.
- Place spoonfuls of meringue on cookie sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake for about 2 hours until crispy. Turn off the oven, crack the oven door and let them sit for hours or overnight.
- After the cookies have baked and are crunchy, crumble them up into large and small chunks.
- For the Eton Mess: In a standalone mixer on high, beat the heavy cream, sugar and vanilla until stiff peaks form. Fold in the crushed meringue cookies.
- In a small pot, simmer 1 cup blueberries and blackberries with a little water and a tablespoon sugar until juicy. Let it cool.
- Pile the whipped cream onto a platter, add more chunks of meringue on top with the sauce and fresh blueberries and blackberries. ENJOY!