If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Reprinted from NOPI Copyright © 2015 by Yotam Ottolenghi, LLP. Published by Ten Speed Press, an imprint of Penguin Random House LLC. —Samantha Weiss Hills
For the sumac-infused vodka:
- 3 tablespoons sumac
- 1 bottle (750 ml) of high-quality vodka
For the sumac martini:
- 2 ounces (60 ml) sumac-infused vodka
- 1 1/4 ounces (40 ml) Velvet Falernum liqueur
- 1 3/4 ounces (50 ml) lime juice
- 1 1/4 ounces (40 ml) pomegranate juice
- A few pinches sumac, to garnish
- To make the infused vodka, place the sumac in a large glass or ceramic bowl and pour over the vodka. Cover and set aside for 2 hours, stirring from time to time, then strain back into the bottle through a fine-mesh or muslin-lined sieve.
- When ready to serve, place all the ingredients in a shaker with some cubed ice. Shake really hard for 10 to 15 seconds, then double-strain (through a strainer and into a fine-mesh sieve) into two chilled glasses. Serve at once, with a sprinkle of sumac on top.
More Great Recipes: Cocktails