If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This cake is amazingly simple to make - all done in the food processor. It's simple to make but big on flavor. Serve with freshly whipped cream to make it even better. —Big City Kitchen
- 1 cup dry toasted unsalted almonds
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 3 eggs at room temperature
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- zest of half a lemon
- 1 tablespoon dried lavender, chopped fine
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blackberries
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- confectioners sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350°. Butter or spray a 9" springform or cake pan with coconut oil and line bottom of pan with parchment.
- In the bowl of a food processor, coarsely chop almonds. Transfer 1/4 cup almonds to a small bowl and mix with 1 tsp sugar and set aside. Add coconut, flour, baking powder and salt to food processor. Process until remaining almonds are finely ground. Transfer to a bowl.
- In food processor, cream butter with 3/4 cup sugar. Add eggs one at a time, blending each one fully. Add sour cream, lemon zest, lavender and extracts.
- Add half of reserved flour-almond mixture and pulse to blend. Add remaining flour and pulse until smooth. Scrape into prepared pan and place fruit on top in single layer. Sprinkle with almond-sugar over top of cake.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean. Cool cake before removing from pan. Dust with confectioners sugar if desired.