If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A healthy and delicious dessert recipe —Juhea
Makes 1 loaf
- 2 cups Flour
- 2/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 7 tablespoons Oil (either canola or coconut
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 2 tablespoons Pumpkin Spice Mix (see http://www.peacefuldumpling.com/vegan-treats-vegan-chocolate-chip-pumpkin-bread for mix)
- 1 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips
- 3 tablespoons non dairy milk (I used almond)
- Heat oven to 375* F. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin pie spice mix. Whisk with a fork and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix the oil, pumpkin puree, and vanilla extract.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and quickly combine. Fold in chocolate chips (or raisins). Use splashes of almond milk as needed to fold in the flour-y parts into the dough. (It will *seem* dry, crumbly, and not smooth, but that’s normal). Don’t overstir!
- Add the dough to a loaf pan or two mini loaf pans. Bake in the oven for *at least* 45 minutes for mini loaves, and at least 55-60 minutes for a full loaf. Since oven temperatures and pan sizes vary, be sure to do the toothpick test in the middle of the loaf to see that it comes out clean.
- The bread can be sliced and enjoyed immediately, though I highly recommend letting it cool. In fact, this is a bread that keeps getting better as it sits on the counter. The crust will still remain a little crusty (rather than soft and oily), while the inside will get more flavorful and nuanced.