If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I found this recipe a few years back on Better Home and Gardens site. I tweeked it a bit, added some razzle dazzle, and made it a cookie swap winner. This has a light citrus swoon, a crispy crunch, and a creamy chocolate finish. This is a pretty cookie. With the added 2 chocolate drizzle and golden sprinkles, you've got a winner. —Renee Glerum Dwyer
Makes 7 dozen
- 3/4 cup Room temp. butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons creme of tartar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- tangerine zest(about 3-4 tangerines)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 3/4 cup Olive oil
- 1/2 cup white cornmeal
- 4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar to roll cookie
- optional Melted milk chocolate
- optional Melted Dark chocolate
- optional golden sprinkles
- toss 1 tsp of zest to the 1/2 c of sugar, lay out on thin layer to dry.Beat butter, a good minute, add sugar,baking soda,creme of tartar,and salt. Beat till fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs,one at a time,then 2 tsp zest, vanilla, orange extract. Drizzle in olive oil mix well.
- Combine flour and cornmeal. In the mixer beat in as much dry ingredients as you can then add rest by hand. cover and chill 30- 60 min. Preheat oven 350.
- Remove cooled dough, and roll into 1" balls. Roll balls in Sugar with zest, coating well. flatten slightly and make design ( X or III ) Bake in 350 oven for 9 - 11 minutes, till tops are lightly browned, Cool completely on wire rack. Drizzle with melted chocolate and Gold sprinkles.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Cookie from Anywhere in the World
More Great Recipes: