If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 pound day-old bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- 4 ounces pancetta, finely chopped
- 2 ounces liver salami, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 4 ounces unsalted butter
- 2 ounces speck, cut into 1/8-inch julienne
- 1/2 cup grated Asiago
- Bring 6 quarts water to boil and add 2 tablespoons salt.
- Place bread in mixing bowl and douse with milk, combining well, and let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place pancetta into a 12- to 14-inch sauté pan and set over medium heat.
- Cook until fat is melting, about 5 minutes, and add bread and milk mixture, liver salami, flour, nutmeg, pepper, and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Stir to mix well, about 1 minute.
- Remove and allow to cool, about 5 minutes.
- Add eggs and mix well. Form into quarter-sized balls, 15 to 20 pieces.
- Place balls in water and cook 6 to 7 minutes, until tender.
- Meanwhile, place butter and speck in a 12-inch to 14-inch sauté pan and melt over medium heat. Draw canederli well and toss into pan. Add grated cheese and toss to coat. Serve immediately.