If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I keep this nut-free, however pecans would be a welcome addition! —Riddley Gemperlein-Schirm
Serves 4 to 6
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes (about 3 large), peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut cream
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon peeled, finely grated ginger root
- A pinch or two of freshly grated nutmeg
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups mini or regular marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened, shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Place sweet potatoes in a pot and cover with water by 1-inch, salt water generously. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook until tender, about 15-20 minutes. Drain and return potatoes to the pot. Add the coconut cream, butter, ginger, and nutmeg. Mash until smooth, and season generously with salt and pepper. Transfer to a 2-quart baking dish. Top wtih marshmallows and coconut. Bake until the marshmallows and coconut are lightly browned, about 15 to 20 minutes. Serve immediately.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!