If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These are my favorite cookies that I make at Christmas, and I have been making them for DECADES. You can ice them or not, its up to you. They look more festive iced, but either way they are very addictive and yummy . I just made a batch, I'm home alone, and I can't stop eating them! —kimbaddd
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Divide dough into approximately 6 portions. Flatten slightly each portion on cookie sheet, to a flat, oval shape (about 1/2 inch thick). Sprinkle with sugar. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes. Cut diagonally into 3/4 inch bars. Do not separate. Cool completely.
- In small bowl, combine glaze ingredients until smooth. If needed, add a few more drops of milk to make it a glaze consistency. Drizzle over bars. Allow glaze to set. Separate bars. Ready to eat!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Cookie from Anywhere in the World
More Great Recipes: