If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I don't eat pork, so yep, I don't eat chorizo, which I actually used to enjoy very much. I'm addicted to the Soyrizo at Trader Joes. I use it in egg and soyrizo burritos, quiches, casseroles, and more. Love it.
This recipe was developed due to the fact my best friend does not eat pork, either, but the rest of our clan does eat meat. They don't mind the substitution of soyrizo for chorizo. In fact, my husband can' t really tell the dif at all. —kimbaddd
- 1 tube Trader Joe's Soyrizo (there are other brands out there, so don't despair!)
- 16 ounces can refried beans
- 4 cups mexican style cheese, shredded (or do half shredded pepper jack, half cheddar, yum!)
- 8 ounces container sour cream
- 1 cup guacamole (I have a great mexican supermarket by me that makes XCELLENT guacamole, so i use that. Or use your favorite prepared guac or make you own!)
- 1 cup your favorite salsa
- 1 cup black olives, sliced
- 1/2 cup tomato, chopped
- In a large skillet, cook the soyrizo until browned in spots, stirring often. Set aside to cool once cooked.
- Spread the beans into a 9x13 inch dish. Spread the sour cream on top. Sprinkle 2 cups of the shredded cheese. Then layer the guacamole, and salsa evenly as possible over the cheese. Top with the olives, remainder of cheese, and the tomatoes. Serve immediately or you can refrigerate overnite and serve the next day. Leftovers keep ok for about 3 days.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Appetizer to Share with Friends
More Great Recipes: