If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The best ginger cookies that please everyone including those who are not into ginger cookies. —Oh Sweet Day!
Makes: 36 cookies
cup unsalted butter, softened
cups granulated sugar
cups all purpose flour
teaspoons baking soda
teaspoon ground cinnamon
teaspoon ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a standing mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and a cup of sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Beat in egg and molasses until thoroughly incorporated.
- In a bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, salt and spices.
- On low speed, add flour mixture until just combined.
- Form the dough into tablespoon-sized balls. Roll in the remaining 1/4 cup sugar to coat.
- Place onto the prepared baking sheets. Leave two inches apart between cookies.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer to wire rack and cool completely.