If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My all time cheesecake failure is water bath. And so my cheesecakes don't require it! —Oh Sweet Day!
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 packets 8-ounce cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Preheat oven at 350F. Grease an 8-inch spring form pan.
- Make the crust by mixing all the crust ingredients together in a food processor or with a fork.
- Press the mixture onto the bottom of the spring form pan. Bake crust for 15 minutes. Set aside to cool. Turn down oven temperature to 300F.
- To prepare filling, beat cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, sour cream and heavy cream on medium speed until smooth in a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Then add eggs, one at a time, and mix until well blended.
- Pour the filling over the cooled crust. Tap the pan on counter a few times to release all the air in the batter.
- Position rack in the centre of oven and place cheesecake on it. Place a shallow pan full of water on the lower rack in the oven.
- Bake for an hour, or until the edge of the cheesecake is puffed but the center is still wobbly and wet looking.
- Turn off the oven with the door slightly opened, let the cheesecake sit in the oven to cool completely, at least an hour.
- Chill for at least 4 hours, or preferably overnight.
- To prepare topping, mix sour cream and powdered sugar until smooth. Spread the top of the cake with the sour cream mixture.
- Chill in refrigerator before serving.