If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Gooey, homey oven-baked turnovers. —The Satisfied Craver
Makes 8 small empanadas
- 8 empanada dough wrappers, 4.5" wide
- 7 ounces package mango paste, sliced in ¼" pieces
- 7 ounces package halloumi cheese, sliced ⅛" pieces
- 8 dried chamomile flowers, ground
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- Assemble empanadas by placing a piece of cheese and mango paste in the center of each wrapper. Sprinkle with a pinch of ground ginger and a ground chamomile flower.
- Close each empanada by folding over in half to form a half circle, then seal by pinching, stretching, and folding over along the open edge of the wrapper. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 400°F. Rub a cookie sheet with butter and lay out empanadas on a single layer, about an inch apart.
- Whisk together egg and water in a small bowl. Lightly brush egg wash over empanadas and sprinkle with sugar. Bake for 20 minutes, or until a light golden color.