If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: One of my mom's favorite cookies....she baked batches and batches for the Holidays! —inpatskitchen
Makes: 1 1/2 dozen cookies
cups all purpose flour
teaspoon ground cinnamon
teaspoon baking soda
cup butter (16 tablespoons)
cup granulated sugar
egg, yolk and white separated
cup pecan halves
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar with an electric mixer (hand held or otherwise). Once light and fluffy, beat in the egg yolk.
- Gradually stir in the flour mixture. At some point a wooden spoon won't do so use your clean hands to mix until you get a soft dough.
- Spray a 9x13 inch shallow baking pan with vegetable spray and start pre heating your oven to 325F.
- Spread the cookie dough into the baking pan evenly and then brush the top with the egg white. Chop the pecan halves or grind in a nut grinder. Sprinkle them over the egg white brushed cookie dough,
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until the edges just begin to brown a bit. Remove from the oven and let rest for about 10 minutes. Cut into 18 pieces but don't remove the cookies from the pan until they thoroughly cool.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Cookie from Anywhere in the World