If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Sticky caramelized sauce surrounding succulent, glazed chicken? I mean, c’mon. This recipe is fry-fuss free. Not only does the oven do all the work, but you can even go as far as covering the baking rack with foil to make cleaning hassle-free. —The Satisfied Craver
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 5 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon gochujang or sriracha
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium kiwi, pureed
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1" ginger, peeled
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 12 wings, skinless and sectioned
- sesame seeds, for garnish
- cilantro, for garnish
- Combine the ketchup, vinegar, soy sauce, mirin, brown sugar, gochujang or chili paste, black pepper, kiwi, scallions, garlic, and ginger in a bowl. In another bowl whisk together cornstarch and water until smooth and combine with sauce. Heat the sauce in a pot over medium heat until it comes to a simmer. Turn the heat to medium-low and continue to simmer for about 24 minutes, or until slightly thickened and the sugar has dissolved. Remove the sauce from the heat and transfer to a bowl. Stir in sesame oil and set aside.
- Rinse the chicken wings thoroughly and pat dry with paper towel. Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Remove from the oven. Garnish with sesame seeds and cilantro.