If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This easy and delicious recipe, featuring Sugar Bowl Bakery's Madeleines as the crust, is perfect for the holidays or any time of year. The crust is is made up of perfectly petite and sweet (but not too sweet) French cake cookies are made with 100% butter. The cookies are also free of trans-fat and preservatives, so the whole family can feel good about indulging a bit. —Sugar Bowl Bakery
- 2/3 cup Sugar Bowl Bakery Madeleine ieces
- 6 Whole Sugar Bowl Bakery Madeleines, for garnish
- 1/4 cup Whole raw almonds
- 3 tablespoons Butter, melted
- 8 ounces Cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 2 Large eggs
- 3 teaspoons Amaretto liqueur (optional)
- Bittersweet chocolate, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Place 2/3 cup Madeleine pieces, almonds, brown sugar and butter in a food processor and grind until fine.
- Pour crumb mixture into an 8” spring form pan and press firmly onto the bottom and sides.
- Place cream cheese and granulated sugar in a mixing bowl and beat until smooth. Beat in almond extract and salt.
- Blend in eggs one at a time, on low speed. Stir in amaretto.
- Pour batter into the crust.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the filling is just set. Let cool to room temperature and then refrigerate until chilled.
- Garnish: Take 6 Madeleine cookies and cut diagonally in half. Melt bittersweet chocolate. Dip the bottom of each cookie into melted chocolate, place on a tray lined with foil or waxed paper, and refrigerate until the chocolate hardens. Place a cookie, chocolate side down, on each piece of cheesecake.