Author Notes: A twist on my mom's carrot cookies recipe that has become a holiday favourite. I am not a great baker, maybe not even a good one but when the weather gets cold and the holidays are coming, I enjoy making a mess of the kitchen and explore my creativity while baking. I like to think of this cookie recipe as a home-y holiday cookie you would like to chew on when you are bored of eating just a plain persimmon. —Jona @AssortedBites
Serves: 25-30 pieces
cups all purpose flour
cup melted butter
cup brown sugar
teaspoon ground cloves
vanilla bean pod
- Gather all the ingredients and turn on the oven to 180 C.
- Start by grating the persimmons finely. They should yield about a cup.
- Beat the eggs and sugar until the sugar starts dissolving. Add the butter and vanilla, and beat some more.
- Mix the flour, salt, baking powder and ground cloves and add them to the mixture of eggs, sugar, butter and persimmons. Add little by little, until you get the consistency of cookie dough.
- Using two spoons scoop the dough into parchment paper and bake for about 30-40 minutes until golden and crisp.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Cookie from Anywhere in the World