If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Give this to someone and they'll love (or really, really like) you forever. My favorite combinations are ginger-mint, lavender-vanilla bean, rosemary-lemon zest, cardamom-vanilla bean, and chile for a DIY Mike's Hot Honey. The more herbs/spices/etc. you use, the stronger the flavor will be. Experiment! Make multiple jars! —Riddley Gemperlein-Schirm
Makes 1 cup
- Herb sprigs (like rosemary), a couple tablespoons dried herbs (like lavender), fresh herbs (like mint), vanilla bean, peeled ginger root, halved hot chile peppers, lemon zest, a tablespoon of cardamom pods
- 1 cup (8 ounces) mild honey
- Place the herbs, spices, etc. in a glass jar with a tight-fitting lid and pour the honey overtop. Once you've poured half the honey, stop and give the mixture a stir with a wooden skewer or chopstick, then continue pouring the rest of the honey.
- Cover the jar with its lid and allow to sit for 7-14 days. The longer the honey sits, the stronger the flavor will be.
- When it's all infused, strain the honey into a clean glass jar. Gift or hoard for yourself—no one will judge.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
More Great Recipes: