If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My Italian grandmother taught this recipe to my Irish mom. Both made batches of Toffee Bars every Christmas for hostess gifts, neighbors and teachers. The recipe is simple yet these three layer bars are decadent and present as if they took hours to make! —Lynda Marren
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup pecans, well chopped (to sprinkle on top)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix butter and sugar in a food processor.
- Add flour and pulse to combine.
- Place mixture into the bottom of a 9x13-inch pan.
- Sprinkle pecans over the top and press firmly into the crust. Set aside.
Caramel FIlling Ingredients
- 2/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Melt butter over low heat. Add brown sugar and increase heat to bring to a boil. Boil the mixture for one minute.
- Pour caramel over the crust. Bake for 20 minutes at 350°F. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- TO MAKE TOPPING: 1 cup chocolate chips + 1 cup pecans, chopped
- Pour chocolate chips over the slightly cooled caramel. Push down slightly so chips stick to caramel, some will melt slightly.
- Sprinkle with pecans and push pecans in as well.
- Bake 5 minutes more at 350°F. Cool completely before cutting into small pieces.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Cookie from Anywhere in the World