If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My family has made these specific Christmas cookies for years. We roll them really thin, cut out Christmas shapes, and put sprinkles on them. The combination of almond and vanilla makes them awesome! —HeetlandZander
Makes 5 dozen cookies
cups powdered sugar
teaspoon vanilla extract
teaspoon baking soda
cup butter, softened
teaspoon almond extract
cups all-purpose flour
teaspoon cream of tartar
granulated sugar or sprinkles
- Mix powdered sugar, butter, vanilla extract, almond extract, and egg in large bowl.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except granulated sugar.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease cookie sheet lightly with shortening or cooking spray.
- Divide dough in half. Roll each half 1/4 inch thick on lightly floured surface.
- Cut into desired shapes with 2-2 1/2-inch cookie cutters. Sprinkle with granulated sugar or sprinkles.
- Place on cookie sheet. Bake 7-8 minutes or until edges are light brown. Watch to make sure it doesn't brown too much.
- Remove from cookie sheet. Cool on a wire rack.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Cookie from Anywhere in the World