If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a rich but easy bar cookie made with a seasonal ingredient, cranberry apple butter. —LeAnn Hampton
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats, uncooked
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 5 ounces dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 cups melted butter
- 1 1/2 cups cranberry apple butter
Glaze and topping
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, lightly toasted
- 1 1/4 cups confectioners sugar
- 4 tablespoons milk
- Combine flour, soda, salt, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Add oats, sugar and dried cranberries.
- Press half of mixture in a greased 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking pan.
- Top with cranberry apple butter.
- Sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture.
- Pat it lightly, and place in 350 degree oven for approximately 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- While mixture is baking, combine the confectioner's sugar and milk together for the glaze.
- As soon as mixture is out of the oven, drizzle half of the glaze on the top, sprinkle with almonds and drizzle with remaining glaze.
- Adapted from an Apple Butter Bar recipe in the Country Living Recipes by Jean Liles from Exmoor House. Many changes were made in creating this version.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Cookie from Anywhere in the World
More Great Recipes: