This recipe comes from playing around in the kitchen with an old sugar cookie recipe and some new ingredients. —Savour
- Serves 12
white granulated sugar
packed brown sugar
In This Recipe
- Melt butter in a saucepan or in the microwave until just melted.
- Add sugars and corn syrup to melted butter in a mixing bowl, and mix thoroughly.
- Add egg yolk, yogurt and vanilla, and stir until combined.
- Add flour, cornstarch, soda and salt, stir until the flour is entirely incorporated.
- Chill the dough overnight in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Using an ice cream scoop that scoops about 1.5 Tablespoons of dough, scoop the dough into balls, evenly spaced on a cookie sheet lined with parchment or a silpat.
- Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes, or until cookies are golden brown around the edges. They may look a little soft in the center.
- Let cookies cool thoroughly, and enjoy.
I'm a Los Angeles based home cook with a full time job and 2 young kids, so my recipes tend to be accessible to busy people. I firmly believe that anyone can cook good, everyday meals from scratch with sufficient tools and encouragement, and I try to create meals that are delicious, wholesome and not too intimidating. Most of my favorite recipes tend to be twists on a classic dish that makes it new and exciting.