- Serves 12
This recipe comes from playing around in the kitchen with an old sugar cookie recipe and some new ingredients. —Savour
What You'll Need
white granulated sugar
packed brown sugar
- Melt butter in a saucepan or in the microwave until just melted.
- Add sugars and corn syrup to melted butter in a mixing bowl, and mix thoroughly.
- Add egg yolk, yogurt and vanilla, and stir until combined.
- Add flour, cornstarch, soda and salt, stir until the flour is entirely incorporated.
- Chill the dough overnight in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Using an ice cream scoop that scoops about 1.5 Tablespoons of dough, scoop the dough into balls, evenly spaced on a cookie sheet lined with parchment or a silpat.
- Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes, or until cookies are golden brown around the edges. They may look a little soft in the center.
- Let cookies cool thoroughly, and enjoy.
I'm a Los Angeles based home cook with a full time job and 2 young kids, so my recipes tend to be accessible to busy people. I firmly believe that anyone can cook good, everyday meals from scratch with sufficient tools and encouragement, and I try to create meals that are delicious, wholesome and not too intimidating. Most of my favorite recipes tend to be twists on a classic dish that makes it new and exciting.