If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These light and fluffy pancakes with juicy blueberries and a hint of lemon are scrumptious and make this the perfect breakfast or brunch recipe. —Epicurean Eva (Eva Marie)
- 1 1/2 cups self rising flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Place the flour, sugar and salt in a large bowl and give them a quick stir.
- Add the egg yolks, buttermilk, ricotta, vanilla, lemon zest and mix just until combined (don’t worry about the lumps).
- In another bowl, whisk the egg whites and cream of tartar with an electric beater until stiff peaks form.
- Add the blueberries and egg whites to the batter and fold the mixture together.
- Cook on a medium/high griddle or pan that has been lightly coated with butter.
- Ladle approximately ⅓ cup of the batter onto the hot griddle or pan for each pancake.
- Allow to cook long enough for bubbles to appear on the tops of the pancakes before flipping them. Cook until golden brown.
- Serve with warm maple syrup and a handful of fresh berries.