If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: a fall inspired sweet treat —angela smith
- 42 grams almond flour
- 50 grams powdered sugar
- 4 grams pumpkin pie spice
- 4 grams finely ground coffee
- 40 grams egg whites
- 40 grams granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup marshmallow fluff
- 1/2 cup pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup marshmallow fluff
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon instant expresso powder
- Macaron Shells: 1. in a food processor, grind together the almond flour, powder sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and coffee grounds
- 2. sive the dry ingredients through a fine mesh strainer into a bowl. set aside
- 3. in a separate bowl, whip the egg whites till foamy
- 4. gradually add in the granulated sugar, then whip till stiff peaks form
- 5. in three portions, add the dry ingredients into the egg whites. Fold the dry ingredients into the egg whites carefully, but not too gently (this will cause too many big air pockets and make the shells crack).
- 6. keep folding the mixture until it flows off the spatula like lava in a thick ribbon.
- 7. transfer the mixture to a piping bag with a tip.
- 8. pipe 2-inch circles onto a tray lined with silpat (using a template helps a lot).
- 9. Once you’ve piped all your batter, tap the tray on the counter until the macarons smooth out. Pop any bubbles that form with a toothpick.
- 10. preheat the oven to 300 degrees F and let the macarons rest while the oven pre-heats.
- 11. bake the macarons for 7 minutes then rotate and bake for another 7 minutes
- Filling: 1. mix the 1/2 cup marshmallow fluff with the pumpkin pie spice, place in a piping bag with a star tip and set aside. 2. whip the softened butter on high until it turns pale ivory in color. 3. combine the pumpkin pie puree with the instant expresso powder and pumpkin pie spice. 4. add the pumpkin mixture to the butter and whip till combined 5. add the cup of marshmallow fluff to the butter mixture and whip till combined. 6. place the buttercream into a piping bag with a round tip.
- Assemble: 1. match up the macaron shells 2. pipe the spiced marshmallow fluff in a ring on one of the shells 3. fill the ring with the pumpkin expresso buttercream 4. sandwich the two shells together. 5. use a blowtorch to torch the outer ring of marshmallow fluff 6. enjoy!