If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This salsa adds freshness and crunch to tacos, salads or any meal, especially those with hints of South American flavours. It has been adapted from a 1947 canning cookbook entitled Conserves de Fruits et Légumes. —St-Amand Cassidy
- 3 cups corn kernels, preferably fresh (approximately 6 cobs)
- 3 cups yellow tomatoes (approximately 4-6 tomatoes)
- 0.5 cups red onions, diced
- 2 red chillies, seeded and thinly sliced
- 4 handfuls of coriander leaves
- 5 limes, zested and juiced (approximately 0.5 cup of juice)
- 0.25 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- In a medium pot, bring water to a boil and cook corn kernels until tender, but still crunchy.
- Drain, rinse under cold water until cool.
- Mix corn with remaining ingredients and toss together in a large bowl.
- Keep in refrigerator for a few hours to let the flavours get to know each other.
- Before serving, strain out the liquid.